Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Moving...

Let the fun begin! Last Wednesday we loaded up the family and traveled to East TN where we begin our new work as Youth Ministers at First Christian Church in Harriman. We have been staying in a hotel for nearly a week...did I mention we have 3 children? Talk about fun! We looked at over 30 houses while there and made an offer on one. Please pray that we get this house. It's a foreclosure and we would be getting a great deal and rent would be too expensive for us right now. And also pray for our house to sell here in Union City. We have seriously sought God out on this move. We have had several churches that offered more money, one even had a free home to live in, for us to work with but we didn't have peace about those churches. From the time Kim and I dated our hearts have always been in East Tn. Our blessing has arrived and it's time to go. Lord willing, we will put our roots down here. We are excited about the work and anxious to get started. I don't mean to sound selfish today but please pray for us as we make this move. We are packing, selling a house, buying a house, and starting a new job. As I said at the beginning..."Let the fun begin!"
Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.


Psalm 118:14 The LORD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your family is in my prayers. i know God has a special plan for you! sounds like things are falling into place. i pray that you get the house if it is God's will. thinking of y'all.

in him,
elaine