Wednesday, November 12, 2008

stand

Wow! I didn’t realize how long it has been since I have written in my blog and thanks to my father in law for pointing that out to me :’) Let me give everybody a quick update: we are doing o.k. we, along with countless Americans, are struggling financially due to making two house payments. Please pray for our house in West Tennessee to sell. That thing is killing us! We have dropped the price again and will take a major hit when we sell it. Speaking of taking a major hit…
We have been at our new church as youth ministers for about 3 months now. It’s been a rough road. On our very first outing as a youth group, we decided to camping. Unfortunately we had a girl sneak some alcohol into her tent and another girl drank some of it…too much of it actually. She passed out and was puking on herself. Obviously this created a lot of havoc and without going into detail, it caused friction in the youth group and with an elder and his family. If you read any of my previous blogs you would know that we have had trouble with churches in the past. My wife and I have been treated like dogs by some of the churches we have been associated with. This was something we REALLY did not need at this time. We are still feeling the effects of this camping trip and we are dealing with them the best we can. My wife made a comment to me the other day that really opened my eyes to something. She said, “It’s amazing how hard the devil comes after you when you are doing God’s Will.” And she’s right and I have said that statement many times in the past but for some reason I had forgotten that. Maybe it was discouragement, or maybe I was having a pity party and wanting to be petted. But that statement kind of gave me a second wind and has made me dig in my heels and start pushing forward again. Things could be worse, a lot worse actually. We have so many blessings that we lose sight of when hard times come and it’s so easy to lose our focus. If you are having hard times and facing troubled waters ahead, take a look at these verses and remember to keep your eyes on Jesus! Hebrews 12:1-2 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Ephesians 6:10-18 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—

Also read Psalm 42 and 43

No comments: